Desert Recruiting Services is pleased to be working with a leading University in Saudi Arabia.
Our client is seeking faculty who are available to start a new career. This position is an exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, our client offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East with one year renewable contracts.
Position Descriptions: Assistant Researcher, Electrical Engineering
- Visa slots available for the following nationalities: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills.
- Ph.D. degree in area of experience or equivalent (Mathematics / Chemistry/ Mechanical Engineering).
- Minimum 4 years of post-doctoral experience in an academic career
- Candidates with academic rank of Associate / Full Professor must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary research team
- Age cap for visa approval is 63 years of age.
- Tax Free Salary based on experience
- Private non shared furnished housing
- Flights and Travel
- Visa Processing (Employment/Iqama)
- Medical Insurance
- End of Service Bonus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Lead in research in the field of Mathematics or Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering.
- Acquire in-depth expertise in the leadership of scientific research projects and experience of organizing interdisciplinary scholarly events.
- Collaborate with faculty and students on research topics of common interest.
- Help in teaching one course or two as needed.
- Become an ambassador for the Deanship of Research, for example through publications, outreach activities, and through presentations at workshops and conferences.
- Publish at least ten ISI journal papers per year in the relevant areas, and to manage some of the University’s Research activities including regular international meetings, visits of senior scholars, and scientific advisory boards.
- Write research proposals and generate some external funding and lead groups or teams of research personnel.
- Help to build and develop the existing University U faculty team of senior scholars and offer them the opportunity to build international collaborations using his/her own contacts and networks.
- High level of knowledge in the area of (Mathematics or Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering) and Research
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both for lecturing and communicating with colleagues
- Excellent writing skills for publishing research work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High commitment to research
Please note that we endeavor to respond to all applications, however due to a high volume of applicants, we may only have the opportunity to contact those who can be shortlisted.