Desert Recruiting Services
is seeking individuals with 4 years teaching experience for the role of English Teacher based at at the National Industrial Training Institute (NITI) in Al Hasa, Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province).
Our client will be providing Employment Visas and Iqamas or will accept any Iqama transfers.
Native English Teachers Educational Requirements:
NON-Native English Teachers Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English literature, applied linguistics or modern languages with a teaching certificate or diploma, such as the Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) or the Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA) or TEFL, or TESL.
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
- Bachelor’s degree in English literature or applied linguistics with a teaching certificate or diploma, such as the certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) or the Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA), or TEFL, or TESL.
- IELTS score of at least 7 or a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet-based test, 600 on the paper-based test or 250 on the computer-based test.
Salary & Benefits:
- Currently only MALE positions available on a single non-family contract
- Visa requirements between the ages of 22 and 58 years old
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification English teaching experience
- Currently accepting applications from Canada, USA, UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Salary range is $3000 to $4000 USD Tax Free per month (take home)
- Free private (non shared) staff accommodation provided (including all bills)
- Transportation to and from campus provided
- Medical insurance provided (Class A)
- One Year renewable contract
- Annual return air tickets for candidates based overseas
- 30 Holiday Days + Public Holidays
- Visa assistance by school (Employment Visa / Iqama or Work Visiting Visa or Iqama transfer depending on individual)
- Teaching in Saudi Arabia typically requires working Sunday through Thursday. Working hours at NITI are from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The Contact hours (teaching hours) are 5 per day. Additional contact hours, if any, will be on overtime basis.
- Assisting with module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, delivery, marketing and provision of feedback to students
- Providing academic leadership and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of “Module Coordinator”
- Contributing to the development of supplementary teaching material for modules delivered on NITI programs
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Providing tutorial support to small groups of students
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Organizing, accompanying and supervising students on field trips where required
- Promoting student development through the use of technology-based learning
- Participating in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs
- Attending and being available to travel for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties
- Participating in student recruitment, registration, induction and placement activities
- Participating in cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues
- Participating in campus and community events
- Any other duties as required from time to time by line manager
Reporting to the Senior Teacher, the successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of English curriculum to national students who need a solid foundation in English, which will allow them to enter employment with one of NITI’s partner companies such as Saudi Aramco (the state oil company). You will work in a technologically advanced environment as part of an international team of faculty members.