Desert Recruiting Services
is pleased to be working with a top tier international school in Doha, Qatar.
This school offers an excellent working environment and utilizes the British Columbia teaching curriculum. Start date for this position is August 2021.
We are seeking a candidate for the following position: Career Education Department Head and Career Counselor
- Tax Free Salary range from CAD $61,000 - $71,500
- Two year renewable contract
- Annual salary increase ranging from CAD $4,200 - $6300 upon renewal of contract.
- Salary is tax free. There are no income taxes in Qatar
- End of service benefit at the rate of 70% of one-month’s gross salary for every full year of service
- Furnished, air-conditioned housing.
- Monthly transportation allowance of QR 1,000 (CAD 348 at current rate) or use of school vans for transportation.
- All utilities paid except telephone and Internet bills.
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Annual economy round-trip air fare to point of origin at the time of summer vacation.
- Local private medical insurance.
- Paid Summer Leave.
- Reimbursement of excess baggage expenses.
- School will arrange and bear the Qatar government fee of your visa, work permit and national identification. Reimbursement of fees paid for the BC Ministry of Education Teachers Regulation Branch for applying for the BC teacher certification. Miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the school.
- Candidates with families receive additional benefits for their family members including larger housing, higher excess baggage allowance, children schooling, tickets, medical insurance and help with visa expenses.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Fluent English speaker and excellent communicator
- Due to visa requirements we can only accept candidates up to 60 years old
- A minimum of three years of career counseling experience is required.
- A minimum of four years teaching experience.
- Licensed teachers from British Columbia and other Canadian provinces or Teachers who have Elementary Certification from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Candidates who are licensed in jurisdictions other than Canada British Columbia would be expected to work on their BC certification after they accept an official offer from the school.
- Experience in ESL education is strongly preferred
- International experience and/or an attitude of respect to other cultures is needed
Please note that a full client job description will be shared with candidates that meet the initial short-listing, based on the criteria above. Although we endeavour to respond to all candidates, due to high volume and pandemic staffing levels, we may only be able to contact candidates that are shortlisted.