Desert Recruiting Services
is pleased to be working with a top tier international school in Doha, Qatar.
This school offers an excellent working environment and utilizes the British Columbia teaching curriculum. Start date for this position is August 2021.
We are seeking a candidate for the following position: Head of Pastoral Care
- 100% tax free salary. Starting salary would be QR 21,000 per month (equivalent to an annual salary of approximately CAD 88,000). The salary is fixed at the Qatari Riyal rate (For longer experience (above 5 years as Administrator the salary will increase.)
- End of service gratuity equivalent to 80% of the monthly salary for every year of service.
- Large accommodation with facilities: a single administrator/married with no children receive a two-bedroom apartment. Apartments are in complexes with swimming pool and gym. Housing allowances provided upon the request of an administrator at the rate paid by the school.
- Transportation allowance is provided. Child tuition discount is 100%.
- Excess baggage reimbursement allowance.
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Annual economy round-trip air fare to point of origin at the time of summer vacation for the contracts of more than one year.
- Private medical local insurance.
- Paid Summer Leave.
- School will arrange and bear the Qatar government fee of your visa, work permit and national identification.
- Reimbursement of fees paid for the BC Ministry of Education Teachers Regulation Branch for applying for the BC teacher certification. Miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the school.
- Family Benefits are provided for married Administrators with children up to the age of 18 years old.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Fluent English speaker and excellent communicator
- A valid British Columbia professional teaching license is a must. Similar licenses from other Canadian provinces and international jurisdictions, such as the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa, will be considered if the applicant commits to pursue the BC certification.
- Due to visa requirements we can only accept candidates up to 60 years old
- A minimum of five years in school leadership positions
- Experience in introducing successful pastoral change in a large and complex school engaging all stakeholder groups
- Experience in successful implementation of Positive Management Behavior Programs
- Experience in implementing and enforcing policies and procedures for child welfare and safeguarding
- Experience in developing and implementing a range of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs that expand the learning opportunities of all students
- Experience in a school that offers an international program for students of eastern culture is a plus.
Please note that a full client job description will be shared with candidates that meet the initial short-listing, based on the criteria above. Although we endeavour to respond to all candidates, due to high volume and pandemic staffing levels, we may only be able to contact candidates that are shortlisted.