Desert Recruiting Services -
is seeking a Field Service Engineer for a large industrial designer and manufacturer. Our client is a large family owned business that has been in operation for over 100 years. Due to an internal promotion, they are seeking to fill a vacancy for this exciting role.
- 60% to 80% travel requires a road warrior who enjoys USA and some Global travel
- 5 - 7 years' experience in an industrial environment with responsibility for industrial machine maintenance and commissioning
- Experience and proficiency in editing/changing/manipulating the PLC(Programmable Logic Controls) data (Allen Bradley and Siemens).
- The ability to read PLC diagrams/schematics and troubleshoot such equipment
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics (interpreting mechanical drawings a big plus)
- Knowledge of pneumatic principles
- Must love being a road warrior! Travel up to 80% worldwide. As such, must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Must possess effective computer skills
- Must present professionally with a positive, customer-focused attitude
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Must provide own transportation (reimbursable) to drive to various customer sites
- Previous experience in a foundry environment a big plus
- Service existing equipment at customer sites to ensure that equipment is performing at optimal levels and according to machine specifications. Troubleshoots to isolate and resolve problems.
- Commissions new equipment at the customer site. Ensures that the equipment has been properly installed for start-up (mechanically and electrically).
- Performs warranty service calls to troubleshoot equipment problems, and courtesy calls to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Checks stock on customer spare parts for equipment and uses suggestive selling techniques to increase spare parts sales.
- Develops and provides ideas to Engineering department to improve equipment design and eliminate recurring manufacturing and design flaws.
- Seeks equipment upgrades and new equipment business opportunities and promotes the advantages of purchasing Performance Partnership Contracts (PPC’s).
- 10% Bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA (flexible spending accounts/ health savings accounts)
- Competitive 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Company-paid life and disability plans
- Discount program
- Company provided laptop, uniform and tools
- Daily per diem for phone, luggage, food and expenses during travel