Desert Recruiting Services
is pleased to be working with a top tier international school in Doha, Qatar.
This school offers an excellent working environment and utilizes the British Columbia teaching curriculum. Our client offers longer term employment opportunities if so desired as well as family contract.
- Starting salary can range from CAD 47,100–57,100 annually for bachelor degree holders, with two years experience who are willing to commit for two year contracts. (Range from $3200 to $3800 USD per month take home)
- Annual salary increase ranging from CAD 1,670–3,340 upon renewal of contract.
- Salary is tax free. There are no income taxes in Qatar
- End of service benefit at the rate of 70% of one-month’s gross salary for every full year of service
- Furnished, air-conditioned private housing.
- Monthly transportation allowance of QR1000 (CAD 342 at current rate) or use of school vans for transportation.
- All utilities paid except telephone and Internet bills
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract
- Annual economy round-trip air fare to point of origin at the time of summer vacation
- Local private medical insurance
- Reimbursement of excess baggage expenses
- School will arrange and bear the Qatar government fee of your visa, work permit and national identification.
- Teachers with families receive additional benefits for their family members including larger housing, higher excess baggage allowance, children schooling, tickets, medical insurance and help with visa expenses. There is a range of these benefits based on years of experience.
- Participation in extracurricular activities organized by the school is optional. Teachers who choose to participate receive 50% of fee collected for the activity.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited Western University
- Fluent English speaker from on of the following countries: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand
- This position requires a teaching license from their home country (state, federal, provincial, etc)
- 2 years experience teaching children or youth
- Due to visa requirements we can only accept candidates between 22 and 58 years old
- We can only accept fully Covid vaccinated candidates (with either Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/Astrazeneca or Johnson & Johnson) due to the current entry restrictions in Qatar.
- Required Certificates:Teaching Credential/License
- The school hires licensed teachers from BC and other Canadian provinces and Teachers who have Elementary Certification from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand . Teachers who are licensed in jurisdictions other than Canada British Columbia would be expected to work on their BC certification after they accept an official offer from the school. (supported by the school)
- Experience in differentiated learning and student inquiry instruction is strongly preferred
- Experience in ESL education is strongly preferred
- International experience and/or an attitude of respect to other cultures is needed
Please note that unfortunately we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We appreciate your time with this application.