The International Institute of Languages is seeking experienced individuals for the role of Information Technology (IT) Teacher for NITI based at the Al Hasa Campus. Reporting to the Senior Teacher, the successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of IT curriculum to national students who need a solid foundation in Information Technology which will allow them to enter employment with one of NITI’s partner companies such as Saudi Aramco (the state oil company). You will work in a technologically-advanced environment as part of an international team of faculty members. This position has an immediate vacancy.
- Fluent English speaker from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- Currently only MALE positions available on a single non family contract.
- Visa requirements between the ages of 22 and 58 years old
- ITC related or computer science related degree (including business or management information systems)
- At least three years teaching experience
- A recognized teaching qualification (PGCE, CELTA, QTS, SACE, TEFL/TESOL)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching Information Technology Skills modules to NITI students - normal teaching load is 25 hours per week.
• Assisting with module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, delivery, marketing and provision of feedback to students.
• Providing academic leadership and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of “Module Coordinator”.
• Contributing to the development of supplementary teaching material for modules delivered on NITI programs.
• Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
• Providing tutorial support to small groups of students
• Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
• Organising, accompanying and supervising students on field trips where required.
• Promoting student development through the use of technology-based learning.
• Participating in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs.
• Attending and being available to travel for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
• Participating in student recruitment, registration, induction and placement activities.
• Participating in cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues.
• Participating in campus and community events
• Any other duties as required from time to time by line manager.
• Salary 12,500 SAR per month tax free for Bachelor Degree & 13,125 SAR for Masters
• Free private (non shared) staff accommodation provided (including all bills)
• Transportation to and from campus provided
• Medical insurance provided
• Contract is 9 month renewable
• Annual return air tickets for candidates based overseas
• Visa assistance (Business Visa)
• 30 Holiday Days + Public Holidays
The National Industrial Training Institute (NITI) is an independent not-for-profit training institution that is established jointly by Saudi Aramco (SA) and the Technical & Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. NITI trains Saudi high school and Colleges of Technology graduates. The main program is of two years followed by 6 to 12 months of On-the-Job Training (OJT). NITI trainees shall be competent and skilled in their technical specializations, proficient in English, computer literate & technology efficient and armed with safety awareness, personal discipline and work ethics. NITI operates at two locations in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia; Abqaiq & Al Hasa. One location, Abqaiq, commenced operation in April 2014 with approximately 300 students. In September 2014 a brand new campus in Al Hasa opened with 1000 students, and will grow to capacity of 2,500 within 3 years. Further information can be found on the following website - http://niti.edu.sa/.