Copper Island Care
is working with Copper Island Health & Wellness and we are seeking a family medical physician for the Blind Bay Area (Shuswap Resort Area).
- Eligible for The College of Family Physicians of Canada Cert. (CCFP)
- Certificate of College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA); Eligible for full or provisional licensure with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- Call Schedule:
- On call requirements: To be determined if applicable by new physician
“Bringing health care closer to home” ~ Blind Bay (population of 4,000) is a growing community settled on the banks of Shuswap Lake with all its beauty of the surrounding Columbia mountain range, offering a natural setting with stunning lake views. Located off the Trans Canada Highway with a rural flavour, yet still close enough to Kamloops, and Kelowna for the City Life and international Airports. What makes our community different is ... the low stress environment where one can easily say it’s a great place to raise a family. Our homes are affordable, but the best part is it’s a place where you can stroll through alpine meadows, smell the fresh air, hike, bike, or ski on the endless trails, or jump into some incredibly warm crystal clear water. We are central to Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sun Peaks and Big White ski mountains, and home of some amazing Golf courses. We invite you to come boat, sail, fish, water ski or swim, dine on fine local fare, and if that is not enough then come tour the vineyards and taste the wine, explore hidden natural treasures, witness the amazing cycle of the salmon and watch the clear night sky and enjoy our amazing sunsets. It’s a place where one can change their lifestyle.
Blind Bay is located on the southern shore of Shuswap Lake, 29 km (18 mi) northwest of Salmon Arm and 9 km's (5.5 mi) east of Sorrento.
Work, live and play in Blind Bay, centrally located in the South Shuswap, west of Salmon Arm. Copper Island Health and Wellness Centre has an opening for 1- 3 family physicians to serve the communities of the South Shuswap, Area C of the Columbia Shuswap Regional District.
The South Shuswap is the best kept secret in BC and has a growing population of over 8,000 permanent residents and additional summer residents of over 3,000. Enjoy the opportunity live in the Shuswap where there are a myriad of all season activities to enjoy such as hiking, fishing, water sports, winter sports, trail riding, golfing and many other healthy community activities.
Be part of a team and structure the practice to suit yourselves. You will be supported by High Acuity Response Team (HART program), Community Paramedic and the South Shuswap First Responders. The 2 hospitals close by are Shuswap Lake General Hospital, 27 kms east, and Royal Inland Hospital, a large tertiary hospital, located 81 kms west.
A facility of approximately 2,300 sq. ft. will be available with leasehold improvements in place. Currently we are operating a Walk-In Clinic and Mobile Lab Services and healthy community support services including foot care, immunizations and more. We are looking to expand our allied health services.
The South Shuswap offers a quiet rural setting and is a vibrant community with strong community associations. We have a committed team who will support you. Whether you are looking for a flexible work schedule, close to retiring, starting a new family or perhaps seeking a limited practice, this could be your perfect fit!
- Payment Structure - Fee for Service
- Estimated Gross Income - To Be Determined
- Overhead - Shared Costs Process TBD
- Bill Split - To Be Determined
- RSA Incentives
- Retention Premium: 12.80%
- Retention Flat Fee: $0.00
- Recruitment Incentive: $10,000
- Rural continuing medical education: Up to 2 years, $0; In the 3rd & 4th year $2,200.00, and Over 4 years $4,400.00.
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.